Contributions are welcome and are greatly appreciated! Every little bit helps, and credit will always be given.
Setting up your environment
After forking to your own github org, do the following steps to get started:
# clone your fork to your local machine git clone https://github.com/airbnb/native-navigation.git # step into local repo cd native-navigation # install dependencies npm install
Developing on Android
# run packager for development npm start # in a separate window, you can run the example app with: npm run run:android
Developing on iOS
# run packager for development npm start # in a separate window, you can run the example app with: npm run run:ios
Style & Linting
It is recommended that you install an eslint plugin for your editor of choice when working on this codebase, however you can always check to see if the source code is compliant by running:
npm run lint
Building the docs locally is extremely simple. First execute the following command:
npm run docs:watch
After this, you can open up your browser to the specified port (usually http://localhost:4000 )
The browser will automatically refresh when there are changes to any of the source files.
Pull Request Guidelines
Before you submit a pull request from your forked repo, check that it meets these guidelines:
- If the pull request adds functionality, the docs should be updated as part of the same PR.
- If the pull request adds functionality, code in the example app that demonstrates the new functionality should be updated as part of the same PR.
- If the pull request adds functionality, the PR description should include motivation and use cases for the feature.
- If the pull request fixes a bug, an explanation including what the bug was, and how to reproduce it should be included in the PR description.
- Please rebase and resolve all conflicts before submitting.